This article contains all the contents of MIPC, multiple ways to add, settings of MIPC camera functions, and will be continuously updated.
Applicable to: Cameras with MIPC APP or any other brand cameras using MIPC.
Download MIPC APP
Register your account and login
MIPC only supports email registration, you need to agree to the agreement before you can register your account.
Add MIPC camera
In this demo, we are using PTZ cameras, add camera is usually applicable to other MIPC cameras.
1. Click ‘+’, select PTZ Camera, power on the camera, and click Next.
2. Scan the QR code label on the camera, usually at the bottom of the camera, then enter your wifi password to go to the next step.
Note: Most MIPC cameras do not support 5Ghz wifi, you need to connect 2.4Ghz wifi to add cameras. See how to distinguish 2.4 or 5G wifi
3. red light and green light alternately flashing before you can add a camera, if the light is not flashing like this, please press the reset button for one second, the camera will issue a voice prompt ‘waiting to receive wireless information ‘
4. wait for the camera to connect
Add MIPC Camera – Hotspot Mode
When you can’t add a camera in the first mode, or the camera QR code can’t be scanned, you can try to use hotspot mode.
1. Press the reset button for one second, twice, and MIPC camera will switch to hotspot mode.
The camera prompts ‘Start hotspot mode successfully’, which means the switch mode is successful.
- the phone connects to the hotspot wifi of MIPC camera, wifi name: ipcxxxxxxxxx, no password.
After connecting the wifi, open MIPC APP, click Account > Local Search, the app will search for MIPC cameras on the LAN, you can use all the functions of the camera in hotspot mode, but not remotely.
If you don’t need to use the camera remotely, you don’t need to proceed to the next step.
3. Click Settings > Wi-Fi, select Terminal, select your wifi and enter your wifi, then click Save.
4. Click + > Others > Can’t find the QR code
5. Connect your phone to your wifi, then click ‘Phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi’ , APP will search for MIPC cameras in the LAN, click the searched camera.
6. Set the camera name and you can start using it.
Add MIPC camera – Network connection
Before adding camera, please let the camera connect to power, and connect the router and camera with network cable.
1. Click + , select the camera, click Next
- The phone connected to wifi, you need the same router as the camera connected to, the app can search the camera.
Click ‘Can’t find the QR code’ > ‘Phone is connected to the same Wi-Fi’ and click on the searched camera.
3. wait a few seconds to add the camera, set the camera name and then you can use
Share MIPC Cameras
1. Click on Device Sharing, enter the password of your camera and click the button below to generate a QR code.
2. Let your family or friends install the mipc app and register a new account.
Then click + > PTZ Camera > Next , and scan the generated QR code to add the camera.
Motion detection settings
After alarm is enabled, camera will send alarm notification when abnormal movement of people or objective detected.
Click Notifications > Motion Detection > Turn on Alarm, you can set the working time of motion detection.
If your mipc camera often sends false alarms, you can try to reduce the detection sensitivity.
Click Record > Continuous Recording > Open Record, you can set the recording working time.
The camera needs to have a memory card inserted in order to record.
Superior Recording Mode: The same memory card capacity in long recording mode can be recorded for a longer period of time, and the smoothness of the screen is reduced.
MIPC APP interface description
The interface functions here do not affect the recording of the camera.
- Slide the screen to control the camera up, down, left and right.
- sound switch (will not affect the memory card recording)
- Night vision switch
- clarity switch (will not affect the memory card recording)
- landscape viewing
- video (saved on the phone)
- taking pictures (saved on the phone)
- voice intercom
- cloud storage
- memory card video